Friday, February 18, 2005

Road Trip!

Okay, so it's not summer. It's not even spring, and there's certainly no leaf-peeping like there is in the fall. But there's a three day weekend-- approximately eighty hours of freedom from the cubicle. While I could spend this time in reflecting my life and it's current direction, out at a bar scavanging for a businessman to be my sugar daddy, at home watching endless reruns of the "Real World," or out trying to find some kind of supplementary income (be it through sugar daddy or actual labor and toil) I am instead hitting the road with the person who spends more time in my head than I do, Kristen. We're getting in the Subaru Forester and touring New England. Please, save your applause until the end of the post.
It'll probably cost me more than I can afford (spending any money is more than I can afford) and it's going to be cold. But I have a big ugly coat, gloves and the desire to get the hell out of Boston for a few days. "But Amy," you may say, "you were just in Florida a month ago." To which I say, "Yes, and I've also had three illnesses, been dumped and developed an addiction to candy since then. I think it's fairly evident I need a change of scene."
Hopefully, Kristen's parents will loan their digital camera to us for the weekend, so we will have photo essays to post on Tuesday when we're back in the cube. For tonight, we head to New Hampshire to fill up on Sue's fried chicken and get the Forester into the shop so it doesn't squeal like an Ashlee Simpson vocal for the entire weekend. Then, tomorrow morning, we begin our trip in earnest. Wish us luck...

1 comment:

Kristen said...

For real, wish us luck. You have no idea what we're getting ourselves into .