Thursday, June 08, 2006

Wanted: Dead or Alive

Well, it looks like Zarqawi got dead, as he was killed in an air raid in Iraq.

I wish I could get really excited by this, and I guess it's good that one of the masterminds of al Qaeda isn't in commission anymore. But I remember that it was supposed to be great when we captured Hussein, and the insurgency only got stronger. Iraqis and American troops are still dying at an alarming rate. I don't know what would make me feel better about Iraq, really. I think if we tried to improve conditions there by trying to build some infastructure and make Iraqis feel like they got something for us overthrowing their government, the appeal of radical movements would be lessened.

Of course, a new president with some fucking intelligence would also encourage me greatly.

No comments: