So it's officially the holiday season now, eh? A and I were cruising the aisles of Target last night, cooing like dorks over the cute wrapping paper and Christmas cards. With yesterday's snow, I'm giving myself a pass on the early holiday excitement. But I wanted to take some time to ruminate on what I'm thankful for this year.
- My job. My job my job my job my job my job. My job. My awesome job.
- The people I babysit for. Had they not taken me in, I would have moved home to Rhode Island after ditching the rat-infested basement studio.
- My family.
- My friends. Without them, I would have even less faith in humanity than I do now.
- My apartment. I love it. I hope I don't have to leave until I'm able to pay for a place with an actual bedroom.
- Pumpkin beer.
- Hot coffee.
- My Mom's health.
- America's Next Top Model.
- Gossip Girl. XOXO.
- MIKE LOWELL!!
- 24-hour Christmas Story marathons.
- My iPod.
- Zipcar. (I can use it again!)
- My Mom's mashed potatoes.
- Free laundry all weekend.
- The fact that, as broke as I am, I don't need to worry about where my next meal will come from.
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday full of food and safe travels.