Monday, February 14, 2005

Update

Kerri said that I am entertaining her, so I shall keep on. She has refreshed my supply of Sweet Tarts, so I have fuel.
The only thing entertaining that's happened in the hour is that Kristen nearly choked on a Sweet Tart. I am glad she is not dead.
I dig bluegrass music. I don't know how this has happened, since five years of riding the school bus with blaring country music at 6:30am soured me on most music from the South.
Last night I watched Extreme Home Makeover, and it was a special 2-hour episode where they built a duplex in this community for homeless families so the families can save up some money and not live in a shelter. There was this awesome guy named John who lived at the shelter with the two families who get to live in the new houses who was so kind, and he just got laid off from his job and didn't have the money to pay his rent. He had his Ford hat and the prototypical old man face (with the chin jutting out as far as his forehead so his mouth looks like it's hiding in a cave) and the contractor of the job gave John a job as a security guard. John got to call the families he knew from the shelter to tell them, and he seriously cried for about twenty minutes he was so happy. It's frightening how easy it is to become homeless; all the people on the show had homes but lost them when they got laid off. If it weren't for my Mom's house, if I lost my job I'd be right there with them. Except not in Denver. Of course, I cried. And ate peanut butter cups by the handful.
I think Fleetwood Mac may be the best breakup/bad relationship reminder music ever. Nothing like having to write songs about your ex that your ex is going to have to sing backup on.
"Okay, Stevie, just fucking say it. You hate me. Why do you have to write this cryptic gypsy shit about it?"
"Well, maybe if you didn't try all this experimental rock crap I wouldn't have to, Linsday. Pass the coke."
"Wait, I thought that song was about me, Stevie."
"You fucked Mick too?"
"Shut up and pass the coke, Lindsay."

No comments: