Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sweet Taste

Okay. Not only do I have a cute Valentine made by a kid under ten years of age, but I have these two sweet treats on my bleak Valentine's Day to warm the cockles of my heart.

Observe.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am in love with that kid who President Bush is physically trying to hold down. He is just so angry about the state of affairs. I love his set jaw, steely gaze, and his "fuck you" demeanor toward the President of the United States. I couldn't keep that kind of composure around the vice principal at the age of seven, never mind the leader of the free world. I love that the teachers around this kid are smiling like they're in on the joke and delighted this kid had the cajones to say what he wanted.

I just don't get how Bush managed to blow a fluff junket. He had two options when this little seven-year-old voiced his opinion. Bush could have a) agreed with the kid, saying that he wanted the troops to stabilize Iraq enough to come home soon, yadda yadda optimism, or b):

He talked not of armies in Iraq but of 'armies of compassion' at home. Even the kids seemed confused. One asked why he came. 'I came to see you,' the president responded. As the cameras clicked away, a 7-year-old boy made peace signs. 'Put your hands down,' Bush chided playfully.


Yeah. Okay. Way to let a SEVEN YEAR OLD make you look like an idiot.

And there is also this tasty morsel:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The sweet taste of liberty in your mouth, indeed.

"I'm not afraid to say it. Dessert has a well-known liberal agenda," Colbert said in a statement. "What I hope to do with this ice cream is bring some balance back to the freezer case."


God. I can't top that unless given a jar of maraschino cherries. God bless you, Stephen Colbert.

No comments: