Monday, April 09, 2007

Make Me Somewhere I Can Call a Home

If I see a ham again anytime soon, I am going to vomit. Seriously.

I don't want to make this blog a personal version of Angie's List, but I need help. In a couple of months, I'm going to have to move out of my free living arrangement. It's been great, and viewing the balance in my savings account has actually become somewhat pleasurable lately, but I want to have a space of my own again. A place to hang all my clothes up, get my books out of their boxes, listen to music with profanity, and talk loudly on the phone again. And cook at any and all hours of the night.

I've been perusing Craigslist, just checking to see what's out there. I've seen some places that may have potential, but I'm hesitant to just pick any realtor, especially if they charge a full fee. I got screwed on that deal last time and I don't want to pay a month's rent to get lied to again.

So, good readers, I'd like to hear of any good realtors you've used. I'm looking to be primarily in the Somerville/Cambridge/Southie area, but would also consider my haunts of Brookline/Brighton and possibly Eastie. I'm probably going to be in the market for a studio. I'd ideally not pay a fee, but for the right place I'm willing to suck it up. Conversely, if you've had any bad realtors, let me know about them too.

I promise I'll write something funny one of these days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Avoid Chestnut Hill Realty like the plague. They're ubiquitous in Brighton/Brookline, so it's tough to side-step them, but I assure you, they've got ties to Satan and quite possibly, Bush himself.

Really though, consider checking out some places in Arlington. The rent is relaxed and it's still urban enough to have that Cambridge vibe.