Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Pigf&ck*rs

You know how I just was so excited about Verizon Wireless last week?

They give babies cancer. So says I this week.

I renewed my plan with them a couple of weeks ago. Since it had been a while, I got more minutes with the new plan for the same amount of money. I got my phone, life was good. Until yesterday, when I got my statement in the mail and I owed them $20 more than usual. Initially, I thought that perhaps my text messaging plan hadn't carried over from my old plan. But when I reviewed the bill, it was a cryptic "usage charge" that was costing me so much money. I called them today and found out that when I renewed my plan, my minutes were prorated since it wasn't quite the end of the month when I renewed. This was not brought to my attention when I renewed the plan, because if it had, I would have not used the phone unless absolutely neccessary until the next billing cycle. Since it wasn't brought to my attention, I had an hour-and-a-half long conversation with my mother, ironically enough about how broke I am, and the extra time ended up costing me $20.70.

I don't think I have a leg to stand on here-- it's on the bill, the woman wouldn't hear that I wasn't informed my minutes were prorated, and I did make the call that ran really long. But I feel like if I have the good faith in a business to continue to give them my business for the next two years, they should have the presence of mind to tell me that my minutes will be prorated for the next few days. It's especially surprising since the new plan should be giving me more minutes. And the cosmic kick in the pants is that I don't even use that goddamn phone that much.

Anybody know of any part-time work? Because I'm about two weeks away from moving back home with my current financial situation. And, Verizon, if I find out that I have a leg to stand on, I will sic Hank Phillipe Ryan on your asses so quick you won't even know what hit you.

No comments: