Friday, January 12, 2007

Snuffie

Ahh Friday. Long weekend ahoy! Which is awesome. I'll spend most of it packing my crap and sniffling like Lindsay Lohan when she comes out of the bathroom due to my cold. It seems everyone in my office is under the weather. Is it from the sudden cold snap? I just hope I can avoid the conjunctivitis that's going around. There is nothing worse than waking up with pus-crusted eyes.

I've really got nothing to say this week (clearly, as my writing has been shit). My head is all congested-like and I'm tired, even after a week of vacation.

Here is my prediction for this year. The suffix "-alicious" is going to be added to every phrase ever in the world for 2007. I've seen it happening. "Dorkalicious," "Geekalicious," etc. It's going to get old, and I'm going to implore you to resist the temptation because before you know it your grandma is going to tell you she's "Octogenarianalicious" and it'll be over officially then.

NBC's Thursday night comedy lineup is the best it's been since the late-'90s right now. My Name is Earl is redneck humor at it's finest and Jamie Pressley is a riot as Joy, The Office has me stalking John Krasinski because he is just so darn cute with his shaggy hair and snark, and Scrubs is as excellent as always. I thought of Kristen at least twice during last night's episode, especially during this exchange.

"Seven Car Pileup would be a great name for a rock band."

"I know. You told me that when my uncle died in that accident, JD."

Confidential to Donald Trump and Rosie O'Donnell: Nobody gives a shit.

The other day Kristen and I went to lunch. We have a cute little sandwich place literally across the street from the office, so we seldom wear our coats to just dash across the street. Unfortunately, we caught it when the light was green and we had to wait to cross the street. A woman in a big down coat looked at us as we shivered.

"It's kind of cold without a coat, isn't it?" She said condescendingly. The light changed, and we hustled into the sandwich place as the puffy coat lady went on her way.

"What am I, five?" Kristen said, "Do I look like I need you to tell me to wear my coat? I already have a mother, lady."

That's all I've got. Have a lovely long weekend, my lovelies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, ooh! I went to elementary school with John Krasinski! Was stuck in an elevator with his brother!

You know you are jellus.