Thursday, January 11, 2007

To the Right, To the Right

Last night, I elected to do the right thing and watch the President's speech. I was sensitive to the troops as I'd just watched Friday Night Lights and Matt Saracen's dad was going back to Iraq. (As an aside, please watch that show. It's really good and I don't want it canceled.) I also watched a report on NBC Nightly News about an anti-RPG device that could save the lives of our troops because it may conflict with the Army's own system that's in development by Raytheon. Read this article and see if your blood doesn't boil. Way to honor the sacrifices our troops have made by sucking the teat of defense contractors.

I'm sure you've all figured out my stance by now, so I'm sure I don't have to state that I'm against sending more troops to Iraq. However, you may not be aware that even the Herald thinks this is a bad idea. Even this nadir of class in our city knows this is stupid. I do hope that the Democrats can do something about this instead of dithering and passing non-binding resolutions only.

No comments: