Thursday, June 14, 2007

Hear Me

Uh-oh. What's all this about?


"I can't tell you how much I've been looking forward to getting out there to perform for y'all. In the craziness of the music business, performing is what I look forward to doing the most, so it really is disappointing for me to have to tell you that I won't be coming out to tour this summer. The fact is that touring is just too much too soon.

But I promise you that we're going to get back out there as soon as is humanly possible to give you a show that will be even better.

Thanks for all of your love and continued support."

— Kelly


Now, I'm not disappointed on a personal level because I didn't buy tickets for this summer's tour. I saw Kelly last year at the Tweeter Center and had a lovely time. This summer, her show was at the Garden and I hate seeing shows there because the acoustics are so bad and the tickets were expensive, so I took a pass. But now I'm worried about my girl. Did she only eat Triscuits for too long? After admitting her inability to say "I love you" to the world, did she decide to see a shrink? There's no shame in seeing a shrink, and I'm sure she could afford to keep one on-hand and sing for her fans.

When I said I wanted to go out and tear it up, I didn't mean we had to do it now, Kelly. It was more of an open invitation for when you had some time. Don't let Clive Davis steal away your youthful vigor. Fight the old man off, and hopefully we'll see you soon.

No comments: