Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Rage

Looks like I'm not getting my independent commission on Hurricane Katrina relief. Because ALL of the Republicans don't care what happened after the hurricane, and will gladly swallow the placebo Bush investigation into the affairs of his own administration that he fucked up instead of maybe having to accept that their Fearless Leader fucked up, big-time. Hillary Clinton wanted a bipartisan commission-- not comprised of only liberals. She wanted to investigate all levels of government-- state, federal and local-- not just crucify Bush. She's not out to hunt down Conservatives-- she wants to know what the fuck happened, just like the rest of us do. I'm sure families from New Orleans that now find themselves living in Massachusetts would like to know what went wrong.
So, thanks again, Senate. I'm going to have to figure out why my guy Chafee went with party lines on this one. He's usually not a sheep and I'm actually comfortable voting for the guy. I'd like to think if a hurricane hit RI and decimated it, he'd be down in D.C. taking names and getting all indignant and shit.

No comments: