Monday, September 12, 2005

Testy

Check this out:

In a sign that Bush is growing weary of the accusations, he testily replied to a reporter who asked whether he felt let down by federal officials on the ground.
"Look, there will be plenty of time to play the blame game," he said. "That's what you're trying to do. You're trying to say somebody is at fault. And, look, I want to know. I want to know exactly what went on and how it went on, and we'll continually assess inside my administration."

Um, okay. Like, I've been procrastinating on my freelance work, right? And I'm completely screwed now because I haven't slept in a week, but not because of the freelance work, but because I'm out enjoying my life? I have assessed the situation in this administration of one, and realize I have fucked up. I realized it a couple of weeks ago, but has that stopped me from slacking? Nope. What will keep me from slacking is the threat of nasty emails from the freelance pimp (the outside commission, if you will) to keep me honest.
Shut up, Bush. Independent commission NOW. Because there are years of cleanup ahead of us, and it's best to get rid of the dead weight now instead of after the fact. (See also: 9/11 Commission.)

No comments: