Thursday, October 13, 2005

Could it Be... Bullshit!?

Are you fucking kidding me with this? We're seriously considering a candidate for the Supreme Court because she's a nice, church-going woman who has only tangential judicial experience? And, for the most part, we're okay with the President openly stating that Miers' evangelical views influenced his decision? Maybe not.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"Read 'em and weep, bitch."
Since I've watched more television in the past week than I have in the past month, I managed to catch an interesting report on NBC Nightly News about the latest MSNBC poll about the President's approval ratings. Tim Russert gleefully reported that the President's approval rating is now below forty percent, the lowest of his five-year (ugh) presidency. Not only that, but in long-overdue evidence that the Republicans have overstayed their welcome, regard the following:

In addition, with 13 months until the 2006 congressional elections, 48 percent say they prefer a Democratic-controlled Congress, compared with 39 percent who want the Republicans to control Capitol Hill. In fact, that nine-point difference is the largest margin between the parties in the 11 years the NBC/Journal poll has been tracking this question.

I don't know who I want in control of Congress. Generally, I agree with the Democrats more, but I'd like both parties to stay the hell out of my personal affairs. I want to have the government running at its most efficient, which it is not. Watching the ineptitude in the face of the Katrina response has only highlighted the fact that our money we send to the federal government isn't being wisely spent. I want the "small government" Republicans to be shown as the pork-barrel project whores they are, and I want the Democrats to grow some balls and call them out on their shit. Hillary Clinton has more balls than the rest of the Democrats, and she's a chick. I think.
Hopefully we can bring some fresh water into the swampish, mosquito-breeding atmosphere that is Capitol Hill. People are getting angry with the government, finally. If only we could have had this response last year during the election. Oh well. Better late than never, I suppose.

No comments: