Friday, November 18, 2005

Maybe He's Just Not Into You, Or Perhaps is Paid to be Into You

Talk about feeling shitty. Nothing like going on a fake date to make you feel better about yourself.
I hate online dating. Lord knows I tried, Lord knows my friend have tried, hell, even my Mom tried. But it sucks. Mightily. I had one successful "relationship" (we went on a few dates, he drove me batshit) through online dating, and then tried again about a year later. And it sucked. All my fantastic single friends who try it end up hating themselves even more after online dating. My Mom is going to write a novel about the fucking nutters she's met online dating, and those are "mature men" she's trying to find, not a twentysomething frat boy. It's eBay for people, and it sucks. I hope this lawsuit brings online personals down, because few relationships I've seen through online personals actually take off (Kerri and Will being the notable exception). I'd rather spend my life in a house that reeks of cat and stale beer than do online dating again.

No comments: