Friday, November 11, 2005

Meh. Pheh.

It's Friday. What more is there to say? Sure, I could get all riled up about Bush saying that criticizing the Iraq war is bad, or I could sit and try to puzzle out how I keep seeing headlines that say "Jennifer Anniston makes push for movie stardom." Isn't she already a movie star? I remember her in several films in the past few years. I could also be mad that another good television show is being cancelled (full disclosure: I don't watch it). Instead, I sit and hope someone writes a really long and witty column somewhere as I wait for five pee em so I can pack it up and go home to conclude the never-ending freelance project.
What do I really want to do? Cook. Something in the cold air this morning makes me want to nest. I want to clean my room and cook risiotto and lasagna and soup. I'd love to get to Ikea, but there's a five-mile backup in Stoughton. It's late fall in New England, everyone, and I just want to get fat and read a book.

No comments: