Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Good and Bad

I would like to thank the fine people at Delta for holding off on pressing the "self-destruct" button until I was transported safely to and from Italy.

It's a slow day around these parts. Well, it's actually busy, which is why I haven't had time to scour the internet for articles to get my dander back up. I know Mitt's proposing an "itty bitty measure to allow Catholic adoption agencies to not recognize gay couples" that he's hoping to hoodwink us with, but come on. I don't need to tell you he's just trying to get the ball rolling by using an innocuous wedge. You are all smart people.

I am also happier than I should be that I'm back in the "skinny pants" and also moving around fairly adeptly on my narrow four-inch heels. I got my tax bill, which isn't as bad as I'd feared but not as low as I'd dreamed, so I can get the ball rolling on my apartment hunt. Unfortunately, I nearly dropped my laptop last night, but managed to land it on the bed before it hit the floor, but the screen bounced, and now I need to hold it shut with my tape dispenser. Oops.

Now it is time for company-sanctioned punch-and-pie for people who have gotten married/are planning to get married/who have had babies/are with child. They can suffer all the detriments of these behaviors (writing out lots of thank-you cards, stretch marks, lost sleep) and I shall reap the reward (cake).

No comments: