Thursday, March 23, 2006

Vintage T-Shirts

Okay. Work is busy, after work I am apartment hunting and exercising my blinding rage away (thanks to Universal Hub for the link-- the more profane I am the more often they link to me), I've got another article to write, and it's all very stressful. I turn to mass media to relieve me of the strain of my day-to-day. I look for escapism, where the problems are not my own and the solution is clear. (Thanks for making the right choice in an election FOR ONCE, America, and voting Chicken Little off American Idol.)

Sometimes, I turn to sports. I am not as, um, intense as my friend over at Basegirl, but I enjoy a nice baseball game. Before America's Next Top Model, I watched the Yankees/Sox Grapefruit game. The dulcet tones of Jerry Remy made me more excited than any blooming flower for the warmth of spring.

However. Between Vinatieri signing with the Colts (I thought I was exercising too hard at the gym and was having hallucinations) and Bronson going Out West, I cannot derive much joy until these moves prove fruitful. I am also going to be extremely pissed if the Sox trade Trot. I know it's business, but for fuck's sake. The guy started out in Pawtucket and is an asset in any bench-clearing brawl that may happen. Who is going to shoot things with Mike Timlin? Trot is a dirt dog, and shouldn't go anywhere. All of our t-shirts will be vintage by the time opening day rolls around.

No comments: