Monday, March 13, 2006

Selling the Crazy Like Bagels

You know how I said that the worst thing about coming back to your life is dealing with your life again? And I proceeded to list stupid things like money issues and jet lag?

Good God, I had no idea what I was in for.

I have had at least three hugely emotional conversations since I landed in Boston. Not the existential-when-drunk fun kind of conversations, but the kind where wrongs are revealed, tears are shed, ass-kickery happens. In a way, I'm kind of glad it all happened since it showed me the true character of someone near and dear to me, and it feels like a weight has been lifted. My instincts were right and nagging me all along, and I wasn't listening. Now I know better.

Of course, the money and living issues are still flying around too. My landlord is showing the apartment today to potential tenants for a June 1 move-in. That's fine with me-- I hope that my tax situation will be good, and I'll be able to pay my deposits for the first time ever without borrowing money from my Mom. Unfortunately, getting my four roommates together to talk about whether we're all on board for that is difficult. One roommate came back from a trip last night, but I was in bed by the time my two roommates started talking, and I could not get up for the life of me. The past few days have drained me so much I'm thinking of checking out Priceline.com for a tropical weekend getaway.

But, there was an excellent party this weekend in which we pretended it was warm. Lookie how cute!

Image hosting by Photobucket
We are such BFFs.

No comments: