Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Ode To Geeks

O computer geeks! You are my heros
when my computer croaks, nearly dying
you can decipher the ones and zeros
seemingly without trying.

O nerds! Players of Everquest
you smell of coffee and canned air
I tease you until my hard drive doth protest
and my minimal knowlegde of computers I do despair.

Your physique is small and slight
but when it's the blue screen of death I see
you seem to grow strong, like a knight
preparing to fight (at least, it seems that way to me).

With tiny screwdrivers and a map
of the computer you set to work,
you unscrew, remove, undo the case with a snap
"that wasn't so hard," you say with a smirk.

Then the laptop, it boots up with a "bing!"
And I jump for joy, blinded with delight
and you say, humbly, "eh, 'twasn't a thing."
But you, o geek, have solved my plight.

No comments: