Monday, March 28, 2005

"Someone's got a case of the Mondays..."

I don't know what it is about Mondays, but for the past couple of weeks I've had a difficult time dragging myself out of my house to work. Once I'm here, it takes a superhuman will to make myself do anything but stare blankly at my computer screen. I like my job, but Mondays still suck.
My mind is on anything other than work. I'm thinking about an article I have to write. I think about pilates class. I think about my warm, fluffy bed. I think about sitting on the couch and watching talk shows. I do not think about the page spans in the running heads of an IM, I do not think about the space above and below A-heads. I do care, but I can't make myself on Mondays as of late. Tuesday is fine. Wednesdays are fine. Thursdays and Fridays are a bit spotty, but managable. Monday, you are my sworn enemy.
It's not helping that after a weekend of sunshine it's raining. I felt the cold when I woke up and stumbled into the shower, the ceiling hanging like the sword of Damocles due to the water damage. I hate all my clothes. The sweater I'm wearing was hanging in the closet, so the shoulders have little puckers where the corners of the hanger were. I'm also brooding more than a sullen teenager, so I'm listening to Tori Amos' Boys for Pele album, which I don't think I've listened to in several years. I think I'd break into hives if I listened to any cheesy pop today. I know-- hold me. I'm afraid too.

No comments: