Friday, March 11, 2005

Random Things

  • To all the rich assholes in Brookline who can't be troubled to shovel their driveways/sidewalks: fuck off and die. It has snowed endlessly for two months. I hate all of my clothes since I can only wear jeans and sweaters. Jeans and sweaters. No cute shoes, as they will be ruined by slush. No skirts, since I'm a wuss and I hate the cold arctic wind against my shins. All I want is to walk home from the gym without falling. And you, rich Brooklineite, have impeded me from that goal. Especially you jerkoffs at the far end of my street who leave your sidewalks unshovelled when your sidewalk is on a hill. On a hill without operational streetlights. You apparently hate your fellow man and don't care if they fall down and severly injure themselves or their dignity so I hate you. I hope when you are old you break a hip and nobody helps you up and ravens eat your rapidly freezing eyeballs from your skull.
  • I had the very pleasant surprise of finding out that the electric company cashed my check, so the $22 in my bank account are actual real dollars that are unaccounted for. I now have enough money to get back to Rhode Island. Hooray! And, god willing, a cookie with my lunch.
  • Are you aware that the library will let you use a book for free? Somehow I always forget this fact. I'm kind of a snob with my books, because if I read it I want to be able to keep it to impress upon people that I am a well-read woman so I usually buy books (hence why I don't read much). I went into the library, and now I have a book to read. Awesome!
  • I really, really, really hate snow. Like, a lot. Most people don't know that I actually enjoy winter between the months of November and January. Between February and April, it's just excessive. Especially since it WILL NOT STOP SNOWING. But I will not be daunted. I will drive my mother and I down to Ikea, doing 75mph the whole way, tearing ass down I-95 to stock up on lanterns and $.99 beach bags. BECAUSE SUMMER WILL EVENTUALLY COME.
  • When replying to a group email inviting you out, do not "reply to all" with the details of your weekend. Nobody cares if your parents are coming into town except the person organizing the event. Please use the "reply" with the SINGLE face next to it. While I am not busy, I don't like having to delete emails that don't concern me. I keep hoping that it's an email saying that free food is in the office.
  • Tacos are awesome.
  • As are chocolate chip cookies as big as my face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy--I see your point about people not bothering to shovel or at least sand down their sidewalks, driveways, porches or doorsteps down after a snowstorm or icestorm, and I agree with you wholeheartedly. However, this is something that not only happens in Brookline, but in many, many other places as well, including around where I live--in Somerville. Many people don't realize that if someone walking through falls and gets seriously hurt, they could be liable. I kind of enjoy winter, in a way, and the snow is very pretty, when it first falls, but I myself don't like it when we get excessive amounts of snow and cold. but, hey, this is New England--what can we do? Take care, Amy. All the best.

Anonymous said...

I'm almost certain that income and shoveling desire have no correlation.

Why do people who live in New England continue to have contempt for snow? This is not Florida, in a free country you can live anywhere you'd like. We have blizzards in April here.

Who doesn't like cookies as big as their head? Well they should get rich and move to Florida if they don't!