Friday, March 04, 2005

When you wish...

upon amazon.com, dreams really can come true.
I just read an article on Tomato Nation, where my pretend friend and similarly sarcastic soulmate Sars (consonance! hooray!) complained about needing a Roomba to clean up after her cats. She directed people to her Amazon wish list and somebody actually bought her a Roomba! For real! She asked, and someone delivered.
Since I'm in the midst of some dire financial straits (for real this time, kids) I figured I'd assemble a wish-list of the crap I covet or need and I shall direct you good people in that direction. You can buy me a Suze Orman book about how to save money (yes, spending money on a book to tell you how not to spend money is ironic but the library won't have it for twelve years or so) or a Kitchen Aid mixer so the cookies I bake you in thanks will be light and fluffy. The item I most need on there is the iPod, as you may be aware.
If you can't afford an iPod, you can buy me the new Tori CD. You can buy me any number of small ticket items. And I thank you in advance for your time.

Amy's Wish List

(...y'all know I'm mostly kidding, right? Because I am. My grandma doesn't have the internet, so the odds of her buying an iPod for her graddaughter who hasn't called in a month are slim.)

5 comments:

Kristen said...

How 'bout I just buy you a beer and we call it a day? You can even buy me one since you can't afford any of the shit on my wish list either. Deal?

Amy said...

Can it be cheap beer? I can't afford that fancy Sam Adams stuff you drink.

Kristen said...

I demand Sam Adams! Wait, no I don't. I'll drink anything. Thanks, Butch.

Will said...

The Tori Amos is tempting, but seeing as I don't own any of those. . . I don't think I can justify buying them for someone else. (me = teh selfish)

Beer is easy though. . . to bad they don't have an amazon.com liquor section. . . I would be all over that Amazon Plus account! Free two day shipping on whatever beer I want. . . right to my house! It would be the lazy alcoholic's dream!

Amy said...

Hey Will, you're off the hook. Thanks to you and Kerri, I shall drink myself into a minty, rummy haze and forget my problems. Thanks!