Thursday, August 18, 2005

Impressions and Thoughts

Okay, so. I have dropped to page 2 of the Google search results for the word "pasquinade." This will not do. I know it is summer, I know there is something called nature and nice weather that keeps you from hanging on my every word. But was it something I said? Last week you all loved me. Now I have been forsaken. Come back, dear readers!
I'm having some kind of stomach cramp business happening and I'm busy and stressed, so I lack the focus to actually write something thought-out. The fires of indignation and ranting have been cooled by stress and salsa. So, here's what's on my mind:

Cindy Sheehan. The media keeps comparing her to a circus, but all I can envision is a Tom Robbins novel. The scenario of a woman camping outside the president's summer house in Texas, just wanting to talk to him about her son killed in a war is just liberal enough for Robbins to take on. Also, some sort of metaphysical element would need to be involved. Possibly the second coming of Jesus. And raunchy sex.

It's weird how sleeping in a different place affects your dreams. When I'm at my apartment, I have relatively dreamless, deep sleep. When I'm at my Mom's house, I sometimes have troubling dreams. When I'm at the Whatever's house, I dream that I'm talking to him. He says I am not actually talking, but I feel like we are. It's bizarre.

I wish that there was sick time, vacation time, personal days and "My mind has set it's Outlook out-of-office reminder on, so I'm barely doing my work, so why not just sit at home and eat ice cream while watching Ellen" days. Because I would have taken a few of those this week.

Red Sox: the end-of-year agita begins. I listen to NPR in the morning to hear the scores and judge the mood that Kristen will be in when she gets to work. I must admit, I have been terrible with watching the games during the past few weeks. And you'd think I'd be into the games, what with the absence of Mark Bellhorn.

I am never getting married. Weddings make people crazy and argue over trivial things like china patterns, rides to church and card stock. If I ever have someone who would like to marry me, we are running away and will tell people later.

That is all for now. If something outrageous happens, maybe I'll form an opinion.

No comments: