Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Missing: Nerdy Book Publishing Tool

I have a problem. Well, actually, I have many problems. But one problem is especially problematic right now.
I have lost my pica ruler. My nice plastic pica ruler so I can measure the space in my nifty book that I'm editing. I want to check it because it appears to be fucked up in places. I can't check the space without my ruler. I have a sheet that measures font size, inches and picas, but I want MY pica ruler. The narrow strip of translucent plastic to measure space above the 1-heads on my table of contents. I came back from lunch and I can't find it. Did I pack it up in a package to a freelancer? Is it on its way to such scenic locales as Lynnfield? Did I cling to it and bring it to Tealuxe with me? I'm irrationally thinking my boss took it to see how long it would take me to ask the department if anyone had it, and thus discover that I really don't do anything. WHERE IS MY PICA RULER?
I feel like it's going to be on top of my head or something, like when my Mom misplaces her sunglasses. I just got comfortable with that pica ruler after my first one broke (twice). Now I'm going to have to buy my own damn pica ruler. Shit.

No comments: