Monday, December 01, 2008

Emerson Still Hates Club Kids

While I may have graduated from Emerson College five years ago, I'm glad to see that some things haven't changed.


"Well, we're complaining about assholes blocking the street, getting drunk and [getting] in fights," said junior theatre studies major Brian Tweedy as he stood in front of the Gypsy Bar's doorway. "[Emerson] should give us somewhere that's convenient to smoke."

The entitlement of the Emerson community remains intact. As does its ingrained disdain for the clubs that occupy that space. Back in my day, my classmates and I would openly scoff at the eurotrash club kids who'd line up outside Pravda on weekend nights. But we also didn't smoke in front of their doorway. That's what the Little Building entrance is for.

No comments: