Friday, December 09, 2005

Addicted

Hi, my name's Amy.
Hi, Amy.
I've been here a few times before to confess my addictions. To Ashlee Simpson. To pumpkin spice coffee. Now, I'm here with a significant problem. It has been one week since I purchased my first cashmere sweater. And I really, really want to buy more.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I ended a relationship on Saturday. On Sunday, the girl I babysit was dancing at a mall with her dance class. It was perfect Christmas shopping weather-- a light snow falling outside, a chill in the air, kids excitedly running around looking for Santa Claus. I went out with the intention of buying my Mom a spatula and something for my brother. Instead, I got a new skirt, a cashmere sweater, and a cookbook. All for myself.
Ann Taylor was having a buy one cashmere sweater, get one half-off sale. My friend came shopping with me, so we agreed we'd each buy a sweater and split the cost. So I got a nice blue turtleneck cashmere sweater for $90. It matched the blue stripe in my funky skirt perfectly. My butterscotch knee boots matched the skirt and the sweater. It was a fashion perfect storm, and I was the eye of that hurricane.
The sweater was so warm. I thought because it was thin it would be cold, but I was toasty all day, even when I was outside. I wore a thick cotton sweater yesterday, and it was bulky and uncomfortable and not nearly as warm as my cashmere delight. And how soft! I ran my hand over my upper arm all day. It was like wearing a blanket, but sexy.
Now I'm avoiding my work and perusing Ann Taylor online. I want a v-neck sweater. I want another turtleneck to keep me warm. It's a good investment, right? I live in New England. It's cold here for six months out of the year. They'll get used. I mean, I'm broke and haven't gotten all the Christmas gifts I need to yet, but, come on. A girl has to keep warm. I'll save on energy bills if I put on a sweater.
Sorry. I'm losing control. Someone take my credit card and move me into the boonies where the stores don't have anything I want in them. Please. There's got to be a support group for girls who love (cashmere) too much.

No comments: