Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Don't Let the Door Hit Ya...

Well, at least we have another soon-to-be-named Republican douchebag to run for governor in 2006, because Mitt doesn't need us anymore. I'd be hurt if I gave a shit, but I'm kind of glad to see him go. And, yes, I know that this gives him the opportunity to inflict his anti-woman, anti-gay, anti-aging social plans on the rest of the nation and the rest of the world, but I don't think he'll make it. As boston.com points out:

Should he run for president, a decision he is expected to announce closer to the 2008 election, Romney will need to break through a pack of more prominent Republicans, including Sen. John McCain of Arizona and former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani.
There has also been an undercurrent of concern among Christian conservatives, particularly in the vital South, rooted in his Mormon faith. One political operative in South Carolina branded the religion a "cult."

Yeah. So I think we'll be okay. Hopefully Mitt will be sent back to Utah, and into the private sector where his antiquated social policies won't be frowned upon. But, stranger shit has happened at the hands of the voters in this country. I'm just too congested to care right now.

No comments: