Thursday, June 15, 2006

Blind Needling the Blind

God, what a maroon.

President Bush, who often teases members of the White House press corps, apologized Wednesday after he poked fun at a reporter for wearing sunglasses without realizing they were needed for vision loss.

Um, GW? You are the President of the mother-effing United States of America. Maybe a little professionalism? A little? I know that Americans are getting less and less formal in the workplace. I'm guilty of it. I'm wearing jeans and flip flops at work. God Bless America for that. I get to needle my coworkers a little too. But I know enough about them not to tease them about medical conditions, for the love of God. "Hey, Gimpy Boss, how's yer knee doin? Hope we don't have a fire because you'll be stuck inside this tinderbox. Ha ha ha!"

I guess I should be content that Bush apologized. His track record of admitting he's done things wrong isn't so good. Maybe he's turning over a new leaf. I am clinging to any shred of hope.

No comments: