Thursday, June 15, 2006

Flix

This week, I have officially become a cool kid, and joined Netflix.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And on the eighth day, God made home-delivery video rentals

I am one of those people who doesn't get movie references. Someone will say something, and look at me, waiting for the lightbulb over my head to illuminate. I look back at them, wondering if maybe my mascara gave me raccoon eyes. Why are they looking at me like that?

I guess it's because I watched a lot more TV than movies that I'm so far behind in the celluloid pop culture. You make a reference to an episode of M*A*S*H, and I'll probably get it. Good Fellas? Gone With the Wind? Scarface? No idea.

Tonight begins my quest to see movies and TV shows that I am way behind on. Allegedly, Mean Girls should be sitting in my mailbox when I get home tonight, and I am very excited. Shut up. I loves me some pre-anorexia/"exhaustion"/crack Lohan. I'll put the DVD into my itty bitty laptop and enjoy. After that, Season One of Entourage should arrive. My gym recently started playing episodes of Entourage, and I have no idea what's happening, so I have to catch up. Then Season One of the fantastic Project Runway. So, in short, I am perpetuating my issues with not getting movie references. Though I do have some "classics" on my queue that will show up once Season One of The Chappelle Show is back at Netflix HQ.

Cable TV can continue to suck it. I'll just wait until their shows come out on DVD.

No comments: