Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Don't Forget My Son to Include Everyone

Dear Metallica,

What, "Enter Sandman" isn't quite the chart-topper it once was? Is Lars Ulrich blowing through piles of money in his quest to be the biggest prick in the recording industry? What's made you change your mind to allow iTunes to sell your songs?

You guys ruined Napster. I loved Napster. Yes, copyright infringement is an icky subject, especially for a writer and creative-type person. But it's not like you lost bazillions of dollars from poor college kids downloading your songs. I still maintain that if someone likes an artist or an album enough, they will purchase it legally, either through iTunes or an actual store. I am still pissed you shut down Napster, which singlehandedly made my freshman year of college awesome.

I also see that Radiohead isn't selling their music on iTunes. While this has nothing to do with you, it allows me to keep up my hatred of Radiohead and Thom Yorke up unabated.

You suck.

Sincerely,
Amy

No comments: