Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Somebody Kill Me

Isn't it funny how we wait for the weekend, counting down the days and hours until our time is truly ours, then we end up back at work, bags under our eyes, wallets light, wondering what the fuck happened to us? Or is that just me? Because right now, I'd love it if somebody just put me out of my misery. It's like all the drinks I had this weekend (many) collected in my bloodstream and let loose a wave of misery at 7:30 this morning.

It was a good weekend, full of patriotism (fireworks! fuck yeah!), alcohol, and movies. But all that living got in the way of my sleeping. So I guess you can just forget a coherent post for the moment. I will say that I am genuinely afraid of North Korea now, and I do believe we should be turning our attention toward this situation. Like, now. No, now.

(EDIT: I am a moron. NORTH Korea. Clearly, I am not well.)

The Devil Wears Prada is fun and good times. Cars was excellent, as was Superman. Thanks to S for bringing up a loveseat so my guests are no longer sitting in a fold-out papasan chair or on plastic bins I used to move. Thanks to Kerri and Will for most excellent fun times in Rhode Island. Thanks to Lewis for coming with me, even though he was about to die of exhaustion himself. In a way, I am glad to be back at work since I won't need to move except to get coffee and lift a pencil. Which will be difficult enough, I think.

No comments: