Thursday, July 21, 2005

A Letter to Terrorists

Dear Terrorists,

Stop bombing London. I don't know what point you're trying to make, but knock it the fuck off. Seriously. I love that old city. I love the Undergound, I love the voice saying "Change here for the Piccadilly Line." I love that it's New York with a better accent and worse food. I love New York, but London holds a special place to me. So knock it the fuck off.
And what do you think you're going to change by bombing subways? Tony Blair doesn't take the Circle Line. Anyone with any power over the way your countries are being treated isn't directly affected by these bombings. People like you, people who are just trying to get by, are the ones you're hurting and killing. Which is fucking stupid. You're just provoking more hate, more bombs, more pain for yourself. God knows I don't agree with these assholes in power very often, but I go and vote. I bitch and complain on the internet. I keep other people informed of stupid shit so we can peacefully figure out a solution. I know you feel like you've got nothing else, but bombing people who are just living their lives isn't helping your cause.
Just to piss you off, I'm going to ride the T home tonight. I am going to enjoy my birth control and my revealing clothes. I'm going to take advantage of all the opportunities I have in this culture of mine, fucked up though it may be.
Knock it off, bastards.

Sincerely,
Amy

No comments: