Saturday, April 02, 2005

Hooray? Part II

Well, it finally happened to John Paul too. I'd post a link, but odds are you know what I'm talking about anyway and Safari doesn't allow me to click the handy "girl who doesn't know computers" HTML button. I choose to believe that this is a problem with Blogger, and not my obstinant refusal to buy a PC. I will NOT. Vive Apple!
Anyway. I guess I don't have much to say about the Pope passing. I guess it just makes me think about what happens to us when we go. My history professor at Emerson believed God sat on a wooden fence, smiles at you and says "This is purgatory. Welcome to New Jersey." I believe that whatever may wait for us understands us as imperfect beings, and as long as you make an effort to be nice to people and don't litter you'll get an eternity of peanut butter cups and new Top Model episodes every night. I hope John Paul gets the dogmatic, angels singing unto the Lord afterlife he spent his mortal life advocating.

No comments: