Thursday, April 07, 2005

I Wanna Hold Your Hand...

Image hosted by Photobucket.comFrom the Pete Bouchard files:

Ahh...SPRING! Feel it, see it, believe it - 70 is within reach at last!

As we throw the last shovels of dirt on Ol' Man Winter, our attention now turns to sea breezes, passing warm fronts and stalling weather systems...almost in that order.

So will the warm air Jump up from New York City, or slowly Creep in this afternoon? (Musical references should be obvious.) Depends on where you are. Gets into Worcester early, takes most of the day for the warmth to reach Boston and the North Shore, and out on Cape Cod...you'll get nothing and like it...hey, this ain't August...

The clouds early today will be as fine as the grass at Fenway. Just a few to dim the sun, then more and more this afternoon as the warm front passes by.

We have cloud issues over the weekend. A stalled front offshore will have you (or maybe it's me) wringing your hands over mostly cloudy or mostly sunny skies.

Put your hand in the hand of the man from 7 News...

Pete


Squee! Pete, I will hold your hand even in the dead of winter. But when you say things like "70s" and "shovels of dirt on Old Man Winter" it makes me love you even more than I do when the wind is cold and whistling by my window. Now all that whistles outside my windows are birds. I can wear a skirt without nylons. I'm wearing my denim jacket and NO SWEATER. I know it's unusually warm, but this morning I could feel spring coming and I started imagining the beach, the smell of coconut sunscreen and cool of aloe vera gel on my sunburned skin. Thank you, Pete, for telling me today will be awesome.

No comments: