Sunday, May 08, 2005

I Heart Mom

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Fashionable and cute since 1981!
My Mom is the best Mom ever. Don't even disagree-- I won't listen to any argument to the contrary. If I have half the strength my mother has, I'll consider my life to be a good one. She raised two fairly functional human beings on her own, and I never remember her complaining until I got old enough to understand. I always had toys and stuff to do. I know she loves me, but the idea of doing something wrong and getting caught put the fear of God in me. She makes the best mashed potatoes in the world. She took me out shopping and to lunch for "girl's day" and I enjoyed having my mom all to myself for an afternoon. I wish I had the money to buy her a hot tub, an iPod and jewelry like a good kid does on mother's day (per television commercials) but all I could afford was jam and coffee. And she raved about it. That is why my Mom is awesome. So give your Mom a hug and get her coffee for her today. She gave you life. It's the least you can do.

No comments: