Friday, February 24, 2006

Good/Bad

Good news.


Bad news.

America, I love you. I tear up at the National Anthem when it plays at sports events. You do have beautiful spacious skies, amber waves of grain, purple mountains majesty, and fruited plains. But unfortunately you also have a lot of people who are so blinded by their own beliefs and by the idea that they are absolutely correct in everything and their values should be the code that everyone lives by. I'm not saying I love abortion. I'm not saying that all groups that support religious, abstinence-only sex-ed shouldn't exist. What I am saying is the government should keep itself the hell out of these groups. As long as a doctor isn't recklessly performing unsafe abortions, which will happen if Roe v. Wade is overturned, they should be allowed to do so without fear of prosecution. I love the tourist dollars that come into Massachusetts, but I do not want those tourist dollars to come from women coming here from South Dakota for abortions. (I want it to be from gay people coming here to get married. Suck it, conservatives!)

I love how it's always men who get in on this anti-abortion legislation. I'm sure there are women who support this measure (somehow) in the South Dakotan legislature, but the governor is a little dink to not veto this thing. It will be a great day when policy-making men are forced to get raped and wear a sympathy bump for nine months to simulate what a horrible experience that is for a woman. Or they must tell their parents that they were careless and got knocked up, and now there's another mouth to feed.

No comments: