Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I Totally Know That Guy!!

OMG. You guys, a guy I went to Emerson with was on American Idol tonight.

Kristen and I jokingly waited with baited breath this week for the Boston auditions of American Idol. Since our alma mater is overrun with people who aspire to the highest echelons of famewhoredom, we figured a ton of Emerson students would audition. But we didn't think we'd know any of them.

They do these montages of weird/bad hopefuls singing songs, and usually do another montage of people talking about themselves. If you saw a big black man talking about his job, and he deadpans "Drag" and then gets into a slammin' leopard print mini-dress and full make-up, you have met the Emerson legend Freddie Franklin. If you ask anyone who graduated within four years of my class, they will remember the man. He crashed on my friend Stephanie's couch after the cops came to break up their party and he wouldn't leave until the next morning. I think he stopped by one of my roommate's parties during my senior year. As she lamented to me after calling to ask if I'd seen him, "Freddie was always prettier than me."

Unfortunately, Freddie didn't make it to Hollywood, because America isn't ready to vote for an openly gay idol, even though Clay's DNA is on some dude's pants, per Best Week Ever. You were robbed, Freddie. I would have voted for you.

No comments: