Monday, February 06, 2006

Narragansett Dreaming

I really need to change the wallpaper on my work computer. Right now, it's this. But I think it's messing with my mind.

I'm reading the "tell your story" section on Narragansett Beer's web site, and I came across this story:

Sean remembers his sister's graduation party, when his uncles had a tad too much Gansett. The classic "Give me another Gansett, you sad bastahd," was heard a lot that night.

Which is a pretty rad story. It contains the great New England accents, the drunken ways of us native New Englanders. I'd like to add my own story to the Narragansett memories collection. I bought the two six-packs last weekend with the idea that I'd bring one to the Super Bowl on Sunday and the other to Butchie's house on Saturday. Kristen, Marianne, Annette and I downed the Gansetts upon arriving. We left the empty cans on the counter and switches to Coors light when Fipsy and his girlfriend showed up with two thirty-packs. As we sat watching the fight on TV, Cappy burst into the room with one of the empty Narragansett cans. No, I am not making these names up.

"Who's drinkin' the Gansett?"

Marianne, Annette, Kristen and I raised our hands.

Cappy paused, pointed at us, and smiled. "I knew you girls was cool as soon as you walked in the doah."

Butchie smiled, and said, "I told you those girls ah awesome."

I'm afraid the next Zipcar I rent will have to be a truck, because I am going to buy every packie in the Boston area that stocks Narragansett Beer. I heard a nasty rumor that they may stop brewing it again, but I refuse to believe it. I know of several places around town that stock it now. All I have to do is convince the liquor store around the corner from my apartment to stock Gansett and I'll never leave my neighborhood again.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Brings all people together.

No comments: