Thursday, February 23, 2006

Make it Work

They're making me work for my pay today, so I've been busy. Not much to report anyway. I'm still not completely psyched for my trip yet, but hoping discussing where we want to visit tonight will help that along. I'm in a bit of a funk-- my financial woes, apartment instability and various existential debates are keeping me from being cheerful. I seem to get these midwinter blues every year, but I don't know if a sun lamp will cure what ails me.

Sadly, it's not friends or family that cheers me up as much as I need. Know what does? Exercise, and Project Runway. Last night was the "reunion show" and it was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. The Whatever called to congratulate me on my rejection letter, and I tried to explain how awesome the program is, but it doesn't quite translate if you haven't seen it. He doesn't believe me, but it is amazing. Bravo reruns it about 700 times a week, so be sure to catch it. Between Evil Santino's impression of Tim Gunn (who is my new crush, and yes, I know he's gay and yes, I know he's old; fuck you, I don't care) singing Nine Inch Nails and the montage of Andre's dramatics, I left Marianne's apartment with a smile. Nevermind the efforts of my real friends to cheer me. It was that, and hot Ace on American Idol's rendition of "Father Figure" that made my night.

I think I need some "sad bubble medicine," as my Mom calls it. Or perhaps a trip to Italy...

No comments: