Monday, April 24, 2006

Just Walk Away From This Clown

I think one of the main reasons that men think women hate sports is because of the sexist attitude men tend to infuse into sports. It's not inherent in the game, but the talk of Hazel Mae's tits and Tina What's-Her-Butt's smile add a certain something to some commentary of the game for men-- a little sex with their sport. I can't begrudge them that. I get to ogle Varitek's ass for nine innings-- I can't complain when men get to see tits in a nice blazer.

What I do not approve of is Barstool Sports' blog posting pictures of Kelly Clarkson in her bathing suit, and encouraging her to "walk away from the buffet table." Part of the knuckle-dragging post:

I thought that Kelly had turned the corner since her chunkier Idol days. There have definitely been times when I've seen her perform and thought that she pretty decent looking. She was never going to be a Beyonce-type but when she has her act together, Kelly has a cute, girl next door thing going on.

Okay, Kelly Clarkson? Isn't Star Jones. She's a girl of a normal weight. If you go to any beach, you'll find "girls next door" who are fatter than her running around in bathing suits. Kelly Clarkson is what human girls who eat food look like when they haven't been airbrushed into Photoshopped replicas of themselves. The girl is maybe a size 8. She was maybe a size 10 when she was on Idol.

I understand their blog doesn't necessarily have to relate to sports, but calling a girl in a bikini "fat" when she has an ounce of cellulite isn't cool.
Unfortunately, this pictures have pretty much killed that little bit of me that once found her attractive. Just a brutal, brutal collection of pictures. I doubt that the paparazzi would even dare take these pictures- they're just too disturbing. Some war photographer, who's used to the carnage of the battlefield, must have been on vacation at the same beach and had a strong enough stomach to take a few pictures of this natural disaster.

Oh my God. For real? Is this high school? I've met teenaged girls who are less catty than this clown. Of course, I am sure the models for Barstool Sports are just giving it right up to this undoubtedly hot guy who just sits around badmouthing women in the guise of "humor." Of course, I'm a big fattie because I'm not laughing at her too. Fuck off. Grow some thumbs and evolve, gentlemen.

No comments: