Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Meh

Katie Couric is leaving the Today show. Yawn.

Katie suffers from the Oprah disease of being "real." Listen, I know you're loaded. You make millions of dollars to show up and hyena-laugh at Matt Lauer. Don't try to be all "every-woman." You are not. Also, she doesn't even stay around for the entire Today show. She leaves about halfway through to go do cardio or something.

I have a thing against morning programming anyway. It's too fluffy, too nice-nice for me. I also associate it with hospitals. Every time my Mom's had surgery, I've had to sit through the entire Today show in the waiting room. Last time they had a great story about a woman being diagnosed with cancer, then her father's cancer relapsing, and it was just lovely to listen to in a waiting room while my mother was being operated on. And I feel like Katie just doesn't care, and hasn't since she got famous for being the lady with the legs of steel that tells housewives how to dress by suggesting $400 dresses for the mother-on-the-go. Not. real.

So fare thee well, Katie. I have no reason to watch CBS, so have at it.

No comments: