Monday, April 03, 2006

Your Kid May be Too Fat If...

He or she can't fit in a car seat.

For real? Kids should not be fat. By nature, young kids should not stop moving. They run themselves silly. Trust me. This weekend I played "football" with the kids I babysit, and I'm still sore. I didn't watch much TV until I got older. When I was young, I was outside on my bike, or climbing on my swingset, or sledding, or knocking my brother down into a snowdrift. And at that time? I was skinny. Neither my brother or I are the poster-children for scrawny people now, but as kids we were average weight.

As I continue to watch the difference between households where the television is always on and households where the television is on for an hour a day, I am seeing a marked difference in how healthy the kids of those households are. I am going to have to get myself over my television watching habits now, so when I have kids I won't miss endless lazy Sundays with the tube.

No comments: