Friday, May 12, 2006

And the Winner Is...

Eagle-eyed reader Richard sent me an email (I am bad at checking that account, which is why I didn't get it until now) and sent along a definition of what a "suspended sentence" means. Since I am all about education, I thought I would share it with you:

SUSPENDED SENTENCE
A law to enable a court to order, in specified cases, that an offender shall not be imprisoned in accordance with a sentence of imprisonment it has passed unless the offender is convicted of another offence, committed during a specified period, for which the offender may be imprisoned; and for related purposes.

What I glean from this is if Daniel Biechele burns down any additional nightclubs after he serves his four years in the ACI, he'll have to serve the rest of his sentence.

Here is your cookie, Richard. I hope you like oatmeal raisin, because those are the only kind I keep around.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

No comments: