Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Bitches on Wheels

Hi y'all. Moving stress has completely set in. I am FREAKING OUT. The movers called to confirm my move, but it turns out they only take payment in money orders or cash, so now I have to bust ass to the bank tomorrow and get a check written so I can pay them. Not only that, but I keep finding shit all around my apartment that belongs to me. I am running out of boxes. My shit, it is flipped. Maybe I'll have to take the day out of work tomorrow to make sure everything is all set up. It will all be worth it. It will all be worth it.

I did have an enjoyable weekend, as I hope you all did. I woke up ass-early on Saturday to head to Logan. I got in the van, and the eldest girl I babysit had a birthday last week, so I wished her a happy birthday.

"Thanks," she said, clinging drearily to her stuffed animal.

"CAKE!" Shouted the baby. "Moo cake!"

I dropped them off, and tried to go back to sleep once I got home, but once I started thinking about all the stuff I had to do, I got up and loaded up the van with crap I had to either get rid of or bring to my Mom's house. I stopped at my office to pick up a monitor my brother wanted, then drove back home. I emptied out the car, and cleaned the minivan for the family since they don't use it much, and don't worry about the cleanliness.

Saturday was pretty cool. After cleaning the car and showering, my Mom and I went to Wrentham, which was an absolute madhouse. Apparently, they have a big Memorial Day sale, so we sat in traffic while people tried to cut in front of us, with me yelling at them and my Mom clinging to the door, waiting for the violence to ensue. We got a spot, and I went looking for a pot and a pan, but instead came out with flour containers, a spatula, and $40 worth of shirts from J Crew.

Sunday I went to the beach. God, I love the beach. I stopped at CVS and bought a magazine and some water, then paid my $5 and grabbed a spot. I wore my bikini, and nobody openly laughed, so I was encouraged. Of course, the skin on my back is seared so badly you could probably make a pan sauce from my towel, but I feel better having sat on the beach. Exhausted, I went home and grabbed a nap, then went to Providence with Amanda to watch Roller Derby.

Did you know Providence has a roller derby? Neither did I. But Amanda's gone a few times and asked me to come with her, not only since I haven't seen her in forever, but because she was afraid she'd see her asshole ex. He wasn't there, and I got to watch some tough girls skate. I didn't know there was an actual goal to roller derby-- I thought people just skated and beat each other up. But there are actual rules to the chaos. There's a pack, and the "jammer" tries to pass as many opposing members of the pack while staying in bounds, and the shoving and violence comes in when the pack tries to push the jammer out of bounds. The games go in two-minute intervals, so it's fast-paced. Two girls got taken off the course with ankle issues on Sunday night alone. It was a good time, and definitely worth the $12 admission. The Trinity Brewhouse also sold beer there, and it was fun and good times for me. I'll have to try out the Boston roller derby sometime too. I'd love to try to do it, but I am a big wuss and would fall down in the fetal position if I tried to skate with these girls.

Yesterday I came back to Boston relatively early and packed some more crap, but I just keep finding shit I have to find a place for. This sucks. All the stress-melting aspects of my weekend are for naught, since I'm all stressed out again. Argh.

No comments: