Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Random

Sweet God. Did everyone with an internet connection try to get a blog today? Because Blogger hates my ass right now.

Not much to say. Work continues to spirit away my soul in small increments. I know that work, by nature, isn't always comprised of things you like to do. This is why they call it "work" and not "vacation." But I always end up with doing the one thing I hate most about my job for a month and a half straight. What I must do is measure every little element on a page to make sure the font is right, the space above it and below it are right, etc. Basically, it involves as much measuring as building a house, but in much smaller units. HATE. Unfortunately, I am good at it, and the new assistant hasn't learned this yet, so it's all mine to work on. HATE.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Aaaaiiiieee!

Also, I began packing last night. Lord, I hate packing. Luckily, my office always has a ton of boxes kicking around, so I brought some home last night and started putting away books. It's always when I move that I wish I were into something that didn't involve so many heavy things. I like music, so my CDs weigh a ton. I love to buy books, so I have to move them. As you can see from the image, I have a lot of crap that I haven't even taken off the walls yet. This is going to suck. Hard. And, no, I can't just get rid of some books because I love them all. I can't get rid of my CDs either. I know I could get one of those books and put them all in there, but I like keeping the jewel cases. The little cracks from my friends in junior high breaking them, the notes people wrote about Tori Amos sucking on my extensive collection of European import singles. I can't get rid of them.

My stomach hates me, which isn't helping matters much. I do right by feeding it delicious foodstuffs, and it repays me by cramping up twenty minutes later. Has the media's messages of "skinnyskinnyskinny" finally permeated into my body's reflexes, and my body wants only enough calories to propel me into work? And enough calories to sneeze, apparently, since I woke up on Saturday with an entire western state's worth of greenish-yellow pollen cowboys marching their little spurs into my sinuses, making it actually painful to breathe. Generally, I don't have problems with allergies, but Pete Bouchard said that the pollen levels were higher than he's ever seen them, so I don't feel so bad.

Well, that was a nice pause from my busy day. I suppose I should get back to it. Enjoy the never-ending rain. If you need me to take measurements for your ark, give me a call.

No comments: